Hoofed Humanoid YKTTW Discussion
A bipedal being with cloven feet.
Basically, humanlike or bipedal creatures with feet that end in hooves, not feet. Usually, the hooves are cloven, like those of goats, cows, or sheep. Non-cloven hooves, like those of horses, are much rarer but not nonexistent. Regardless, they are nearly all digitigrade, and the balance issues are rarely brought up[[hottip:*:To elaborate, things can only balance well if they have three or more points of balance. Humans have four: the heel and ball of each foot.]]. Standard issue for any ungulate Funny Animal or Petting Zoo Person.
- Older Than Feudalism: The satyrs of Greek Mythology.
- Minotaurs in general are often (but not always) depicted with hooves.
- Many, many portrayals of demons, devils, and the Big Guy himself. In fact, sometimes they can't transform them at all, and so are used to catch him.
- The Sangheli/Elites from the Halo series.
- The Draenei and Tauren from World of Warcraft.
- The Gruffs from The Dresden Files. This is one that notices the balance issues, and as such, the feet are a weak point.
- Mortal Kombat: Armageddon turned Motaro from a centaur subboss into a two-legged Minotaur that has the appearance of a satyr more than an actual Minotaur for the sake of programming. The plot of the story explains this sudden (and unpopular) decision by saying that the Shokan cursed the Centaurs into this state.
- The Tau from Warhammer 40K.
- Beastmen from Warhammer.
- Legend. The Big Bad Darkness had cloven hooves (and huge bull horns on his head).
- Strong Sad from Homestar Runner has elephant-like feet which he calls "Soolnds"
- In Dungeon Crawl, most of the game's Massive Race Selection can become this if they get the right mutation. It prevents the player from wearing boots, but adds an unarmed kick attack.