Do We Have This One? Sometimes, the writers want to make sure you know how pretty (or not so pretty) an area is. So, they pull the camera back to a view where the audience can see the full glory of the local area. Usually, this only shows up when first entering an area, but not always. Subtrope of Scenery Porn. Often overlaps with Location Subtitles.
- There is one shot in Apollo13 that pulls back from the spacecraft to show the immense black of space.
- Happens several times in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, such as when entering Ysa for the first time.
- Metroid Prime games do pan-outs when you first enter an area, along with giving the area name.
- Final Fantasy XII does pan outs and area names when you first enter a major area.
- Xenoblade not only pans out when you first enter a new area, it also shows where there areas is on the Bionis or Mechonis.
- Similar to the Metroid example, many of the The Legend of Zelda games since Ocarina of Time show a new area like this when you first enter it.
- In the Simpsons episode "Trash of the Titans" Homer destroys the town with garbage and everyone packs up & moves five miles away. At the end of the episode we see a Crying Indian pick up a piece of trash and weep a Single Tear. His friend tells him, "Do yourself a favor; don't turn around." He turns around and we get a pan of the entire area filled with garbage, along with his offsceeen scream of horror.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.