Do We Have This One?
Sometimes, the writers want to make sure you know how pretty
(or not so pretty
) an area is. So, they pull the camera back to a view where the audience can see the full glory of the local area.
Usually, this only shows up when first entering an area, but not always.
Subtrope of Scenery Porn
. Often overlaps with Location Subtitles
- There is one shot in Apollo13 that pulls back from the spacecraft to show the immense black of space.
- Happens several times in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, such as when entering Ysa for the first time.
- Metroid Prime games do pan-outs when you first enter an area, along with giving the area name.
- Final Fantasy XII does pan outs and area names when you first enter a major area.
- Xenoblade not only pans out when you first enter a new area, it also shows where there areas is on the Bionis or Mechonis.
- Similar to the Metroid example, many of the The Legend of Zelda games since Ocarina of Time show a new area like this when you first enter it.
- In the Simpsons episode "Trash of the Titans" Homer destroys the town with garbage and everyone packs up & moves five miles away. At the end of the episode we see a Crying Indian pick up a piece of trash and weep a Single Tear. His friend tells him, "Do yourself a favor; don't turn around." He turns around and we get a pan of the entire area filled with garbage, along with his offsceeen scream of horror.