Characters have a lot of different quirks and tics that they are known for, including certain ways they have of talking, but in addition to talking the talk, they can also walk the walk. Sometimes a walk can be more than a simple placing one foot after the other and moving forward, sometimes a walk can be a part of a character's identity. Cuba Gooding, Jr. has said that one of the first things he does when preparing for a character he's playing is to create a walk for them. Subtrope of Body Language; related to Character Tic or Signature Style.
- Radio. The title character has very brief pauses with each step he takes, while also slightly shifting his upper body from side to side.
- Young Frankenstein. Played for Laughs with Igor's sideways shuffle and slight limp, especially when walking down a flight of stairs, and asking Frederic to, "Walk this way", of which he means for Frederic to not only follow him, but walk exactly as he does as well.
- Sanford and Son. Fred's exaggerated bow-legged waddle is even Played for Laughs on occasion throughout the series. In fact, two specific episodic examples include "Ebenzer Sanford", where a dream sequence shows Fred had that walk even as a child; another is "Aunt Esther Meets Her Son", in which Esther's adopted teenaged son remarks that Fred has, "Paranthesis for legs".
- Becomes a plot point in an episode of Seinfeld, in which Elaine's new co-worker has a quirk of not moving her arms when she walks.
- Courage the Cowardly Dog. Courage also has an exaggerated bow-legged walk when walking on his hind legs; this gives a noticable bounce to walk, while he also sways his arms from side to side as well.
- Cow and Chicken. Red Guy with his butt walking. In fact, in a number of episodes, he'll instruct other characters to "Walk this way", when asking them to follow him, and they also proceed to walk on their butts when following him.
- Just about all the characters on Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy have one. For the Eds themselves, Ed leans back slightly as he walks, and Eddy usually sticks his hands in his pockets and adds a slight shimmy in an attempt to look cool.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.