a.k.a. "One More for the Rope", "You Noose You Lose", or any other pun you can think of. Up For Grabs, Needs More Examples, Needs A Better Description Seeing how we have two tropes about surviving a hanging, the why shouldn't we have one for dying by it? Form of Driven To Suicide and Public Execution. No Real Life examples, please.
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End starts with pirates being hanged.
- The Dirty Dozen starts with a condemned man being hanged in a prison.
- Freddy Krueger hangs Rod in his prison cell in the vey first A Nightmare On Elm Street film.
- "Damien! It's all for you!"
- Chicago The Hunyak's "disappearing act" is her dying by hanging for murder.
- "An Occurence At Owl Creek Bridge" by Ambrose Bierce. Turns out The entire story is an Imagine Spot and the person is about to die from hanging.
- The "Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge" story was adapted for The Twilight Zone.
- The song "Strange Fruit" is about the American South's unfortunate history of mobs of white men lynching black men (and women and children) for any infraction real or perceived.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable