As the power flows through you and your hair glows and you got an incredible Battle Aura
going, how are you gonna react physically? Usually doing this classic pose, body arched back, arms at sides at an angle facing outwards, legs at full extension about 20 degrees from each other. If the power up is making you float may as well point those toes. Hands in fists or curled optional, as is screaming at the top of the lungs. Highly recommended to add that extra layer of badass to anytime one gains more power than they once had.
Anime & Manga
- Dragon Ball. From the Kaio-Ken to the Super Saiyan, this is done all the time.
- Superman usually adopts a pose like this when he flies into the atmosphere to supercharge on solar energy. Probably helps the surface area for better absorbtion.
- Doctor Who: This is how the Doctor regenerates from 9 to 10, and also how the Master regenerates from Derek Jacobi to Joh Simm, and Melody Pond regenerates into Alex Kingston.
- Some demons on Supernatural do this when the black smoke which is their essence leaves the meat suit they're currently wearing.
- The cover of the Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms novel Crown of Fire shows the main character Shandril Shessair using the title ability. See it here◊.
- This pose is also adopted by some of the mane six when they use the power of the Elements of Harmony in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- In Birdman cartoons the title character adopts this pose when he recharges his solar energy by bathing in sunlight.