Based on Non-Narrative work
Work of fiction adapted from something that doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t have a plot
It is common for a work of fiction to be adapted from one medium to another. Films are adapted from TV shows, plays are adapted from novels, etc. However, sometimes the work that was "adapted" has no plot whatever, so the new work has to make up a new plot from whole cloth, while somehow maintaining a link to the original work. Examples:
- Mean Girls: based on Queen Bees and Wannabees by Rosalind Wiseman, a self-help book for parents trying to help their daughters survive adolescence.
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: based on a ride at Disney World.
- Sunday In The Park With George: Based on the painting "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" by Georges Seurat.
- Cats: Based on the non-narrative poetry collection Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by TS Eliot.
- House Of Stairs: Based on the MC Escher print by the same name.
- The Sting was based on The Big Con, a non-fiction examination of how con games work.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable