Needs a Better Description Needs More Examples Sometimes things explode. Sometimes they are radioactive. Sometimes they are chemical explosives. This is for when that isn't the case. The mushroom cloud is Played for Laughs, and to show how powerful the explosive is. Examples:
- Ratchet & Clank 2 Plays with this. One of the weapons makes a mushroom cloud while not being nuclear at all.
- LittleBigPlanet's explosives create mushroom clouds in the background if you detonate many of them.
- Over the Hedge has a scene where the cast open a bag of well shaken cheesy puffs. Cue mushroom cloud visible from the moon.
- Flint Lockwood gets a mushroom cloud in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs early on in the movie.
- The Cain in Mass Effect 2 is specifically explained to NOT be nuclear in nature - it's simply a large, explosive-filled shell launched at relativistic velocities towards a target. But since the resulting impact creates a characteristic mushroom-cloud, it's referred to as the 'Nuke Gun', and has radioactivity-symbols plastered all over it.
- A mushroom cloud is shown on The Simpsons, but it's only a few inches tall.
- In Chicken Run, an explosion of gravy looks an awful lot like a mushroom cloud.
- In the second book of Percy Jackson And The Olympians Tyson and Percy, playing with chemicals, make a "miniature mushroom cloud" near the trash can.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.