Sahira here, adopting this abandoned YKTTW
To People Who Edited This Draft To Add Examples:
I would prefer it if you would simply leave a reply with the example in it. That way I can make sure the example has the correct formatting, etc. as it goes in and not have to run around trying to fix things. Thank you.
A way to make a title that implies finality or dire circumstances: take something from the story and say it is the last one.
Usually "The Last X" or "Final X". Alternatively, it could be "Last of the
X". X can refer to either an action or a thing though an action is less common. More often literal, but can also be metaphorical.
and Last of His Kind
are often plot elements of such works. Others include The Last Dance
, Last Day to Live
, Last Stand
, Your Days Are Numbered
and One Last Fling
Usually (but not always) The "The" Title
. Rarely a Long Title
but can be a Character Name and the Noun Phrase
Compare Title Requiem
Anime and Manga
- The painting "The Last Supper" refers to the Passover dinner before Jesus was arrested.
- Europe’s album and hit single "The Final Countdown".
- Evanescence has a song called "The Last Song I'm Wasting on You".
- The Monkees: "Last Train To Clarksville", 1967
- Taylor Swift:
- "Last Kiss"
- "The Last Time"
- Israeli poet Natan Alterman’s unfinished play, Last Days of UrHebrew .
- There's a Neil Simon play called Last of The Red Hot Lovers. Could be a pun on a celebrity whose nickname was "The Last of the Red Hot Mommas".