Anime and Manga
Anime and Manga
- Episode 33 of Keroro Gunsou had Keroro and his platoon, inspired by an Animated Adaptation of his favorite manga, decides to make an anime as a means to Take Over the World. After experiencing some roadblocks resulting from jumping straight into the world of anime without any prior knowledge of the process outside of a how-to book, they decide to infiltrate the offices of a fictional version of anime studio Sunrise (the studio behind the show). They use this info to create a very amateurish cartoon. The platoon (and Angol Mois, who did the sound recording) love it, but Natsumi blasts it.
- Kirby of the Stars did an episode where King Dedede hired the entire Cappy Town populace, none of which experienced in animation, to make a cartoon about himself with Kirby as the villain.
- The first half of the infamous Rocko's Modern Life episode "Wacky Deli" is about Rocko, Heffer, and Filburt learning the ropes of making a TV cartoon for Ralph Bighead. You can probably guess the fruit of their labor.
- The first act of the Tiny Toon Adventures episode "Animaniacs" (not to be confused with the same studio's later show of the same name) gives us quite the in-depth look at how animation is done. They even go as far as describing the use of animation cells (not that it's an important part of the process any more thanks to computers).
- In an episode of South Park the boys decide to make a cartoon in order to teach the world about Mr. Hanky. They use the same cut-out animation style that the show started with, and have a lot of problems with continuity and making sure nobody sneezes & ruins the shot.
- Moral Orel's closing credits are run over a view of Orel making a stop motion animated short of his own.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.