Mai-Chan's Daily Life
(まいちゃんの日常 - Mai-chan no Nichijō) is one of the most widely-known (and infamous) works in the "guro" Hentai
genre. Written by Waita Uziga in 2004, it became a subject of Memetic Mutation
because of two scenes near the end which take High Octane Nightmare Fuel
to unbelievable levels.
Mai is a sweet, attractive girl whose life is a living hell. Working as a slave for a cruel, cold-blooded mistress, she spends her days toiling as a maid and her nights being raped and tortured by sadistic men. What makes this even worse is that Mai can regenerate any physical damage her body receives, even fatal injuries. Thus, she is routinely burned, bludgeoned, cut up, and otherwise ripped apart purely for entertainment, and that's not including the sexual torture she has to endure.
Needless to say, this is extremely NSFW.
provides examples of:
- Complete Monster -- Except for Mai, Kizuna, and Sayurin, everyone in the cast (especially the President). Kaede mostly plays this straight, although in her own way she does care for Mai.
- Eye Scream -- Mai, frequently. Sayurin, one time too many. Kaede, in the final chapter.
- Fan Disservice -- Any possible instance of Fanservice is undercut by everything else that's happening around it.
- Gorn -- Probably one of the most well-known examples of the genre.
- Healing Factor -- Mai and Kizuna's bodies eventually regenerate any damage done to them, as long as there is at least some tissue left intact. They also absorb foreign materials, explaining why Kizuna's semen is the only way that Mai can get pregnant.
- Heroic BSOD -- Mai has one after Sayurin's death, to the point of amnesia.
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel -- Pretty much the entire work, and epitomized by the final chapter.
- Karma Houdini -- All of Kaede's clients, except for the President and his henchmen.
- Kill the Cutie -- Mai and Kizuna, over and over and over...except for that whole ultra-healing thing. And then there's Sayurin and Mai's baby.
- Made of Plasticine -- Some of Mai's injuries evoke this.
- Meaningful Name -- Although different kanji are used, "Waita Uziga" roughly means "the maggots have gushed forth". Considering his body of work...
- Memetic Mutation -- "BABY FUCK!!!" and "IT'S AWWWWWWRIIIIIIIGHT!!!"
- Moral Event Horizon -- All of Kaede's clients, but especially the President, who rips Mai's baby out of her body, rapes it, and then purees it in a blender.
- Omake -- At the end of the story, Kaede and Mai answer fan questions, and Kaede reveals what it would take to actually kill Mai...and then demonstrates it.
- Rape as Drama -- Played horrifically straight.
- Squick -- So much that it can easily cross into Nausea Fuel.
- Too Kinky to Torture -- Kizuna feels pain as pleasure. So Yeah...
- The Woobie -- All the slaves, but especially Mai.
- Who Wants to Live Forever? -- Part of What Mai deals with on a daily basis.
- Artistic License - Biology -- Implausibility of the healing factor aside, some of the tortures inflicted on Mai would be physically impossible.