Do We Have This One?? Needs a Better Title Basically, a character who is Satan in everything but name. He runs a place where the dead go, or is the ultimate evil in whatever work he's in, or just loves torturing people, but he's not Satan. This trope has two forms: Type I: The work is meant for kids, so they can't come right out and say it. The implications are obvious. Type II: The work takes place in an alternate world where a made up character has Satan's shtick. Examples:
- Him on The Powerpuff Girls
- Lucius Heinous VII on Jimmy Two-Shoes
- The Red Guy on Cow and Chicken
- Chernabog on Fantasia. Overlaps with Everyone Hates Hades, but Walt Disney meant for it to be Satan, and it was changed by marketing.
- Trigon the Terrible on Teen Titans
- Mephisto in the Marvel Universe.
- Mr. Boss on The Baskervilles
- Senor Diablo on Johnny the Homicidal Maniac
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.