Nothing says Crazy Awesome like listening to Kings of Leon while burning down cities. Nor does anything say Wicked Cultured like engaging in Cold Blooded torture while playing Mozart. For whatever reason, villains, particularly of the Faux Affably Evil
variety, simply LOVE listening and singing along to music, particularly while going about their evil deeds.
Compare and contrast Villain Song
which is an original song the villain makes up on the spot although the two can overlap if the villain is singing his or her version of a popular song.
- Alex Burgess in A Clockwork Orange has an unhealthy interest in Ludwig Van Beethoven and itís one of the things he develops an aversion to as a result of being rehabilitated.
- Doctor Who:
- THE MASTER! First he plays Voodoo Child by Rogue Traders whilst conquering the planet Earth and later listens to I Canít Decide by the Scizzor Sisters whilst lording it over his subjects.
- John Lumic, another Doctor Who villain has In the Jungle from The Lion King played over the sound of his prisonerís screaming as they are involuntarily converted into Cybermen.
- Yet another Doctor Who villain Lady Cassandra OíBrian watches the destruction of Earth to the tune of Toxic by Britney Spears.
- The Fairy Godmother in Shrek2 performs a dark rendition of Holding Out For A Hero at the ball while her son, Prince Charming (who is masquerading as Shrek) dances with Fiona, attempting to seduce her and Shrek charges to the rescue. Doubles as a Crowning Music of Awesome.