Nothing says Crazy Awesome like listening to Kings of Leon while burning down cities. Nor does anything say Wicked Cultured like engaging in Cold Blooded torture while playing Mozart. For whatever reason, villains, particularly of the Faux Affably Evil variety, simply LOVE listening and singing along to music, particularly while going about their evil deeds. Compare and contrast Villain Song which is an original song the villain makes up on the spot although the two can overlap if the villain is singing his or her version of a popular song. Examples [[folder:Film]]
- Professor Moriarty from Sherlock Holmes attends Don Giovanni whilst his villainous plan is unfolding around him and later listens to and sings Die Forelle by Schubert whilst torturing Holmes.
- James Bond:
- Raoul Silva in Skyfall listens to Charles Trenetís ďBoumĒ whilst shooting his traitorous girlfriend and later flies a helicopter towards Bondís hideout whilst Boom Boom by The Animals blares out of the helicopterís speakerphones and Silva shoots at the house.
- Heís not the only Bond villain. Mr. White and his fellow bad guys attend a performance of Tosca whilst discussing their plans. Bond crashes the party but White ducks under his radar.
- Lex Luthor certainly likes his classical music whilst planning the destruction of America in Superman Returns.
- Norman Stansfield in The Professional describes his love of Beethoven and hums to one of his tunes whilst shooting up an entire flat. He eventually stops because according to him "After his overtures he tends to get a little fucking boring." He also likes Brahms.
- John Milton dances to It Happened In Monterey in The Devil's Advocate whilst tempting Kevin Lomax into evil.
- Palpatine attends an opera whilst doing pretty much the same thing to Anakin in Star Wars Episode III. Ian McDiarmuid says that Palpatine's only only redeeming trait is his fondness for the arts.
- Alex Burgess in A Clockwork Orange has an unhealthy interest in Ludwig Van Beethoven and itís one of the things he develops an aversion to as a result of being rehabilitated.
- Doctor Who:
- THE MASTER! First he plays Voodoo Child by Rogue Traders whilst conquering the planet Earth and later listens to I Canít Decide by the Scizzor Sisters whilst lording it over his subjects.
- John Lumic, another Doctor Who villain has In the Jungle from The Lion King played over the sound of his prisonerís screaming as they are involuntarily converted into Cybermen.
- Yet another Doctor Who villain Lady Cassandra OíBrian watches the destruction of Earth to the tune of Toxic by Britney Spears.
- The Fairy Godmother in Shrek2 performs a dark rendition of Holding Out For A Hero at the ball while her son, Prince Charming (who is masquerading as Shrek) dances with Fiona, attempting to seduce her and Shrek charges to the rescue. Doubles as a Crowning Music of Awesome.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.