A woman fakes having a loud orgasm usually to avoid hurting the feelings of her partner, or because they just want to get it over with. Truth in Television according to polls.
- The most famous example is from When Harry Met Sally..., where the protagonists argue in a deli about whether men tell if a woman is faking. Sally claims that they can't, and to prove her point, she fakes a loud orgasm right there.
- In Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the two couples end up with rooms next to each other. Peter and Rachel are intentionally loud to annoy Sarah. Sarah retaliates by faking, much to Aldous's annoyance. "I mean I've heard that women do fake orgasms, but I've never seen one. It really deeply upset me."
- In the Seinfeld episode "The Mango", the characters discuss faking orgasms, and Elaine admits that she always faked when she was with Jerry, upsetting him. Later, Kramer says that he sometimes faked it so that could he wrap it up and move on to other things. In the end, George accuses his girlfriend with faking, causing her to throw him out.
- In The Simpsons episode "Bart's Friends Falls in Love", the class watches a sex ed film starring bunnies.
Narrator: Then came the big day. Fluffy and Fuzzy got married! That night came the honeymoon...Kids: Ewwww!Mrs. Krabappel: She's faking it.
- Gender Flipped in the Friends episode "The One Where Rachel Goes Back to Work", where Chandler admits that he faked "that thing that I have to do to make a baby".
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable