Created By: rt2012 on March 21, 2012
A variation of Forbidden Fruit - a character will be told not to go to a certain place, but curiousity gets the best of them. Often, the forbidden location hides a terrible secret that the hero will then stumble upon, but regardless, it is always off-limits for a good reason. Examples:
- The Lion King is the Trope Namer.
- In the first Jak and Daxter game, Samos forbids Jak and Daxter to go to Misty Island. They go there, leading to Daxter's transformation into an ottsel and a Precursor.
- Several Futurama episodes, including "Fry and the Slurm Factory" and "A Bicyclops Built For Two" have examples of this.
- The west wing of the castle in Beauty and the Beast.
- The third floor in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, which is guarded by Fluffy. Then again, the trio doesn't go there on purpose (at least at first).
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.