Launched as Hot Witch.
Clearing out my old YKTTW
to launch or discard for good
. So, Split or Lump?
originally added 2009-01-17 22:49:16 by Jordan as Hot Witch
A trope which could be split from Cute Witch
, in this case being witch characters who are sexy, and who aren't a Vain Sorceress
/ reliant upon glamour. Note, because Beauty Equals Goodness
, they will be at least somewhat benevolent compared to the Wicked Witch
- Alicia in Night Watch and Daywatch
- Circe of The Odyssey is an early example
- Ray Bradbury has Cecy, a character in several stories about The Family, which was part of the inspiration for The Addams Family
Summarry of distinctions from related tropes:
- Unlike the Vain Sorceress, the Hot Witch either does not require magic to be attractive, or if they do, it is not an obsession or something that requires them to do vile deeds to maintain.
- Unlike the Cute Witch / Magical Girl, The Hot Witch is more sexy, elegant, and mysterious than cute. Whereas the Cute Witch is typically not yet out of her teens, or at least looks like it, the Hot Witch is typically in her twenties or older.
- Unlike the Wicked Witch, the Hot Witch tends toward a benevolent disposition because Beauty Equals Goodness.
- Unlike the Black Magician Girl, the Hot Witch tends toward a more subtle personality. She's less likely to be the series' Action Girl. However there is certainly overlap. More importantly, the defining characteristic of the Black Magician Girl is that she is an Action Girl who relies almost exclusively on offensive spells. The defining characteristic of the Hot Witch is that she has many different spells and is beautiful.