Tracer Sniper YKTTW Discussion
Videogame snipers fire highly visible ammo
Sniper rifles in video games tend to show a trail when they fire, as if they used tracer rounds. Of course, doing this in real life would be a gross violation of common sense, because it shows where the shot came from ("Tracers work both ways"). In Science Fiction settings, expect them to fire Frickin' Laser Beams instead. In video games, this is intentional, to limit the sniper's power for the sake of Competitive Balance. Up for Grabs
- Halo: white smoke trail.
- Command & Conquer: Renegade: Red trail for regular sniper rifle and railgun, blue trail for ramjet sniper rifle and personal ion cannon.
- Unreal Tournament: Lightning Gun.
- Quake III: Railgun with a violet trail.
- Half-life 2 A obvious blue laser stretches from where they are looking back to the snipers themself.
- Lascannons in Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.