Formally Named Pet
A pet which has Mister or Missus as its first name.
Updates have been rolled. Other suggested titles: Mr Pet, Mister Pet (with a redirect from Missus Pet). Still Needs A Better Description.How do you show that your pet is special? When you want to go above and beyond a normal pet name, a formal title is the easiest way to add some sophistication. He's not just Fluffernutter, he's Mister Fluffernutter! You can usually expect such a pet to be a little lap dog or a pampered kitty. Often overlaps with Mister Muffykins. The Right Hand Cat is often a Formally Named Pet.
- In this ad for Petsmart a man has an unseen pet named Mr. Barkey von Schnauzer.
- B.A.'s cat in Knights Of The Dinner Table is Colonel Prowler.
- Mr Bigglesworth from Austin Powers
- Mr. Tinkles, the cat villain of Cats And Dogs.
- Big Fat Liar: movie producer Marty Fox has a stuffed monkey named Mister Funnybones that he's... oddly attached to.
- In Tales Of Monkey Island, Hemlock McGee has a cat named Miss Prettywhiskers.
- Harry Potter: Filch has a pet cat, Mrs Norris.
- In the Discworld book Making Money, Topsy Lavish's dog and eventual chairman of the bank is named Mr Fusspot.
- Peter S Beagle's Tamsin features a cat simply named Mister Cat.
- From T.S. Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats (and thus also from Cats), the magical Mr. Mistoffelees (the only one of all the cats in the book/musical to be named that way).
- Harry Dresden's cat is named simply Mister.
- Pippi Longstocking has her little monkey, Mr Nilsson.
- On The Dick Van Dyke Show Sally's cat is named Mr. Henderson.
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Willow and Tara get a cat and name it "Miss Kitty Fantastico." It later disappears without mention.
- Actually it's brought up later on, when Dawn implies in a quick aside that she killed it by running it over.
- Drucilla's dog is "Ms Sunshine."
- Mr. Muggles, the Pomeranian from Heroes.
- The Drew Carey Show: Drew and Lewis bribe Oswald into voting to sell Buzz Beer by giving him a bunny. He immediately names it Commander Bun-Bun and starts to act like a Diabolical Mastermind with a Right Hand Cat.
- Mr. Bun, Suzie's stuffed rabbit from Calvin And Hobbes.
- Bioshock. Little Sisters call their pet Big Daddy "Mr. Bubbles".
- Mr. Scruffy, Lord Shojo's cat in The Order Of The Stick.
- Sluggy Freelance: After surviving a horrible explosion, Bun-Bun temporarily loses his memory and is adopted by a family that renames him Mr. Fuzbutt.
- This strip◊ from Eerie Cuties mentions an ancient vampire queen who had a kitty named Mr. Boodles.
- The Monarch keeps the taxidermied corpse of his old cat, Mister Mostly Mittens, in his dining room. Apparently, it had three white paws and one not-white paw (hence "mostly").
- Mr Cool from Happy Days the Saturday Morning Cartoon
- Ms Lion from Spider Man And His Amazing Friends
- Mr Cat from Kid Vs Kat
- In Dan Vs. "The Animal Shelter," Dan takes home a kitten and names it Mr. Mumbles.
- Mr. Kitty, Eric Cartman's pet cat from South Park
- Mr. Twitches, Lizzie's pet cat from Tinkerbell and The Great Fairy Rescue
- Mr. Pettibone, Goofy's pet cat in Mickey Mouseworks, House Of Mouse, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Mr. Whiskers, the rabbit from Brandy And Mr Whiskers (although not a pet).
- Mr. Puffy Fluffy from Spongebob Squarepants.
- In one episode of Phineas And Ferb, Doofenshmirtz took in a cat and named it Mr. Fluffypants, after his uncle Fluffypants.
- Candace had a bunny for one episode that she called Mr. Cutie Patootie. Turned out he was an enemy agent trying to find Perry's lair.
- Would Mr. Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street count, do you all think? He's not a pet, and after his family showed up he was renamed into Aloysius Snuffleupagus, "Snuffy" to his friends.
- Can't we expand this to official titles so that it includes Chairman Meow?
- Literature: Noboru Wataya from The Wind Up Bird Chronicle is named after the protagonist's brother in law.
- Random Surfer asks: what if anything does "Noboru Wataya" mean? If it's not "Mr. Smith" or some such, I don't think it counts.
- True Grit: The cat's name is General Sterling Price, after the American Civil War general of the same name.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable