Sarcastically Designated Mom YKTTW Discussion
|Sarcastically Designated Mom|
Sarcastic reply to excessive instruction or advice.
Needs a Better Title. In fact, this might just be Team Mom. A character is giving instructions or advice to others. Oftentimes, it is very good advice, but sometimes they are overdoing it, or at least the others think they are. A light-hearted way to address this is to refer to the person as "Mom", regardless of any family relation or lack thereof. It can even be used with a character's actual mother when Sarcasm Mode is in full effect.
- Robot Jox: After Achilles has received a lengthy briefing on the weapons that have been installed in his Giant Mecha before a fight with Alexander...
Can I go out now, Dad?
- During a fight, Chandler sarcastically calls Monica "Mom".
Chandler: Thanks, mom.Monica: What was that?Chandler: Beat ... Thanks, Mon...?
- At the end of the first episode of season four of House, the title character tells Cuddy, "I did it all by myself, mommy." This was the first episode after he lost his entire team.
- In 8-Bit Theatre; Blackbelt uses this on White Mage, who responds "Well that's a 'no dessert' attitude."
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: "The Runaway" -- Katara tries to get Toph to quit scamming because it's resulted in her being a wanted criminal; Toph refuses and snarkily calls Katara "Mom."
- In Iron Man: Armored Adventures, Rhodey, very much an overly cautious male Team Mom, is affectionately nicknamed "Mom" by Tony and Pepper on multiple occasions.
- In an episode of The Simpsons Bart finds a severly drunk/hungover Krusty the Clown;
Bart: Jeez. What have you been drinking, gasoline!?Krusty: Yes I was drinking gasoline, mother.
- Parodied in SpongeBob SquarePants, during the episode "Dumped":
Patrick: Hold it right there, DadMom AngryPants!SpongeBob: What's that supposed to mean?Patrick: I don't know.