Too Fabulous to Fight YKTTW Discussion
|Too Fabulous to Fight|
Sometimes one character is just too clever, or sexy, or high-class to get his hands dirty.
Other names: Too Classy for Combat, Keep the Gloves On, The Gloves Stay On (c.f. The Gloves Come Off) Possible quote: The Hero has reached the villains' lair. Here, he faces a bad guy (he can be the Big Bad, but more probably is a Smug Snake), who, when invited to stand his ground and fight, simply refuses. Because he is too smart/cool/important to do it. This is a character who is Too Fabulous to Fight. As said before, he is often evil, but an especially bad Foil can be one as well. When forced to fight, he will likely use giant robots, or call many Evil Minions, or wear a Powered Armor. When cornered, he will transform himself in a Combat Pragmatist or simply surrender. When female, she will almost always use that old trick. The most cunning ones will usually make their escape in one of the many possibilities. Always match with the classic Large Ham and in some cases, with the Insufferable Genius. May overlap with The Chessmaster, the Manipulative Bastard, the Complete Monster, and of course, the Magnificent Bastard. Some of them are experts in Xanatos Gambit and Xanatos Roulette. Totally differs from The Fighting Narcissist, which is quite the contrary, and Let's Fight Like Gentlemen. Often a Flunky Boss and/or Enemy Summoner. Could also just be too lazy to fight.
Examples:Anime And Manga
- In Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Ribbons Almark acts like one until the very end, when forced to pilot a mobile suit himself (and STILL, he is inside a Humongous Mecha).
- In Code Geass, Schneizel only uses his brains to fight with Lelouch, and, when cornered, tries to avoid being captured, by using the classic Escape Pod.
- In the Soul Eater anime, Arachne doesn't even MOVE from her throne for the whole season.
- In Batman: Arkham Asylum the Joker plays as one for the entire game, sending you thousands of crooks. Especially evident at the end of the game: for the first part of the fight all he does is sending lots of henchmen and two Venom-mutated policemen against you while he has fun playing with Scarface. And it's actually far easier than fighting him with his mutated-body.
- In Ace Attorney, when Phoenix finally discovers who hired Shelly deKiller to eliminate Juan Corrida, and that would be Matt Engarde, he simply tells to the shocked defense attorney that he would never get his hands dirty for such a thing as murder.
- In World of Warcraft, Torloth the Magnificent lampshades this in his intro quote: "For Lord Illidan, I would even sacrifice this magnificent physique."