She seems to be enjoying it a bit too much...
Power feels good...
And for some that is true in a very literally sense. When a character either gains superpowers( often coupled with Powers as Programs
) or becomes more powerful they will feel pleasure sometimes expressed in a similar way to an orgasm. Often used as means of Getting Crap Past the Radar
The pleasure this power gives is usually expressed to phrases like "Yes!, yes! yes!
", "I can feel the power surging through my veins", "This feels so good" or similar, often in a very explicit way.
What ever the case it is made clear that the person is really enjoying the please his/her new powers gives. A probable side effect of this is that the person in question will have an addiction similar to drugs making "superpowers" similar to a G-Rated Drug
This trope is mostly associated with villain characters. As they are the most likely to express pleasure when gaining power as opposed to heroic characters that are more likely expected not to enjoy their powers.
See also Evil Feels Good
, Good Feels Good
, and Power is Sexy
Anime and Manga
- Inverted in Princess Tutu. Rue actually feels pain when she transforms.
- In Puella Magi Kazumi Magica Ahiri after becoming YUURI says "haha this is great!... this powers are the best". All of this while pulling her tongue out of her mouth and looking very very pleased in a suggestive way. as it can be seen here.
- Along with Yuuri from Kazumi Magica, Kazumi has a moment of this in chapter 1 in her first battle.
- The reason all modern eponymous warriors from Claymore are exclusively female is because release of yoki (demonic energy that powers them) is this to men. To be even exacter, male Claymores (produced long ago) experienced the power-up as sexual pleasure and Awakened almost immediately.
- Mecha pilots in Taiyou No Tsubasa react in a very orgasmic way when their mechs combine. The mechs gain a lot of power from the resulting Mind Meld, but the moaning and facial expressions are probably just there for fanservice.
- In Dragonball Z: Piccolo's infamous "Yes! Yes! I feel great! I can do this!" moment when he fuses with Nail. Nail even teases him about it in in The Abridged Series
Rogue: "Does it hurt when they come out?"
Wolverine: "Every time."
Live Action Tv
- In Buffy the Vampire Slayer, when Willow started to OD on witchcraft it was explicitly analogous to being high on drugs.
- In the Wheel of Time, the One Power is so addictive that most channelers who lose the ability to channel die of despair within a year or two, The True Power, the Power supplied by the Dark One to his favoured minions is even more addictive.
- Everworld: Senna claims using magic "...filled me up, rushed through me, the sensation of power more erotic than any fantasy, more exciting. The power, I loved it so, it filled me and fulfilled me. It was mind, it was body, it was sex and money and power and revenge and triumph all rolled into one."
- In Forgotten Realms, some elves had a peculiar reaction on raising a mythal (city-scale spell field): magic users all over the area spontaneously levitate and space out. Elminster in Myth Drannor had a scene when one elven gardener found his noble lady and her handmaiden floating naked over the basin, staring into nowhere and "moaning a chant". He had no options but to shake his head and conclude that "pleasure spells were certainly becoming powerful things these days". Also, there were mentions of elven wizards who much later became mythal proponents after hearing about this effect.
- Amber Diceless Role-Playing. In the section on the character Merlin, it says that the magical powers possessed by Amberites make the user feel so good that they can become addictive.
- In The Lazer Collection:
Dr. Octogonapus: "Feel the power, Randal! Let it seep up your thighs and penetrate your body! Let it penetrate you, Randal!"
Randal: "It feels good!"
Dr. Octogonapus: "Now release! Let it build up and release!"
Randal: "Hnnn… BLAAAAH!!"