A character whose house is ridden with technology to help assist in daily tasks.
Bob has a bathroom with a machine that helps him brush his teeth. He also has a machine that automatically styles his hair for him. Bob also has a foot-activated door-opener. His lamps also have built-in gadgets that assist in the maintenance of the house and also gives Bob materials he will need for the day.
ExamplesFilm - Live Action
- Back to the Future begins inside Dr. Emmet Brown's house, where his alarm clock triggers a machine to automatically prepare breakfast for him and for his dog, Einstein. Since the Doc Brown's been missing for a few days, his kitchen is a mess of uneaten breakfasts.
- The home of the Potts family in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is littered with the Homemade Inventions of father Caractus Potts, including the automated breakfast maker in the kitchen and the music box in the children's room.
- In Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note, the local Techno Wizard Nanaki uses his skills to transform his house that he's forced to stay before majority into this. Specifically, it is pretty much managed by artificial intelligence, including driverless cars, robotic servants, and large numbers of sensors that reports literally everything in the house (to the point of enabling precision agriculture and horticulture). It's also self-sufficient in terms of food production, involving a fish farm and what the novel refers as miniature farm animals.
- Eccentric as it already was on Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Pee Wee Herman's home got itself an upgrade on Pee-wee's Big Adventure with a fully automated brakfast-making machine.
- In Dishonored 2, Kirin Jindosh's Clockwork Mansion is a tribute to his mechanical engineering genius and rearranges itself on the fly to better fit his current mood and desire to impress the guests.
- In , The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Jimmy's bathroom has a machine that changes his hairstyle for him. He has a few in his room as well.
- The home shared by bumbling inventor Wallace and his faithful canine companion Gromit in Wallace & Gromit animations has all sorts of inventions built in. Examples include a hinged bed arranged next to a trap door so that Wallace can go straight from bed to the breakfast table, and a toy train that carries mail and other goods around the house.
- Stephen Fry's personal home is filled with a ridiculous amount of gadgets, from futuristic stoves, ice cream making balls, and a contraption bottle opener.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.