This Trope Needs an Index
Let's face it. We all love Cute
things. Some like Cute for Nostalgia
. Some like cute for... Perverted
reasons. There are even people who think ugly
things are cute!
But sometimes Cute
overlaps with Terror
. Bonus Points
if it's something from an animated work. Can overlap with Killer Rabbit
, but Your Milage May Vary
Compare with Creepy Sexy
and Grotesque Cute
Not to be confused with Cute Is Evil
, but can overlap.
Was originally named Cute, But Scary.
- This trope was made because of the Stitchpunks from 9, and for good reason. In fact, this YKTTW used to be named The Stitchpunk Effect.
- It may be tempting, but besides Plushes, some of the WALL-E items are kinda creepy, but Your Milage May Vary.
- This is what the people in charge of Heloise's personallity in Jimmy Two-Shoes seem to want to protraied as. It doesn't work
- Higurashi. Practically everyone in it is cute, but sooner or later they all end up killing one another.
- Elfen Lied. There was a scene where a little girl was in a house, and two firefighters came to get her, but she kills them both on the spot.
- Toothless from the How to Train Your Dragon movie can switch from Cute to Fierce by changing his eyes.
- Kamineko from Azumanga Daioh. Sure, he looks cute, but he has a grin that resembles a bear trap and a bite to match. At Times they'll even play what sounds like the theme from Jaws when he appears!
- Not even Yu-Gi-Oh! is safe. Behold (Cue Drum Roll)... Kureboh!
- One word: Bears. Actually, Sharks and Lions might count too. Your Milage May Vary
- The Cybermat from Doctor Who. It's a little silver thing that scoots around the floor. And then you see the razor-sharp teeth.