Do We Have This One?
? Up for Grabs
Sometimes, a bow and a quiver of arrows
aren't big enough to finish the job; you'll need spear-sized
arrows. Thankfully, there's the Harpoon Gun for that.
Harpoon guns are used by divers. In fact, any firearm designed for underwater use is basically a miniature harpoon gun (normal guns simply won't work). Some can reel in anything the harpoon latches onto.
See also Grappling-Hook Pistol
- Harpoon Guns are one of your starting weapons in X-COM: Terror of the Deep. They quickly become obsolete.
- The harpoon gun in the first Devil May Cry. Entering water with it caused an Unexpected Genre Change to FPS since it was the only weapon you could use.
- Bioshock 2: the Spear Gun, with uses normal spears, rocket spears, and trap spears.
- In Half-Life 2, picking up a harpoon with the gravity gun automatically orients it in a "impale whatever I launch this at" position, making it into a makeshift harpoon gun (rather than the usual "large heavy objects" gun).
- More than one quest in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King involves shooting down proto-drakes with a harpoon gun. Most notable is the boss Skadi the Ruthless, who has to be shot down before your party can properly fight him on the ground.