Created By: KZN02 on April 5, 2010
Do We Have This One?? Up for Grabs Sometimes, a bow and a quiver of arrows aren't big enough to finish the job; you'll need spear-sized arrows. Thankfully, there's the Harpoon Gun for that. Harpoon guns are used by divers. In fact, any firearm designed for underwater use is basically a miniature harpoon gun (normal guns simply won't work). Some can reel in anything the harpoon latches onto. See also Grappling-Hook Pistol.
- The final fight of Face/Off involves a harpoon gun.
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home: at the end of the movie, some whalers shoot a Harpoon Gun at the rescued whales.
- Jeepers Creepers 2: Jack Sr hunts the Creeper using a homemade harpoon gun.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events also involves a harpoon gun at some point, even lampshading its status as a Chekhov's Gun. IIRC, it was used to kill Dewey Denoument.
- Harpoon Guns are one of your starting weapons in X-COM: Terror of the Deep. They quickly become obsolete.
- The harpoon gun in the first Devil May Cry. Entering water with it caused an Unexpected Genre Change to FPS since it was the only weapon you could use.
- Bioshock 2: the Spear Gun, with uses normal spears, rocket spears, and trap spears.
- In Half-Life 2, picking up a harpoon with the gravity gun automatically orients it in a "impale whatever I launch this at" position, making it into a makeshift harpoon gun (rather than the usual "large heavy objects" gun).
- More than one quest in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King involves shooting down proto-drakes with a harpoon gun. Most notable is the boss Skadi the Ruthless, who has to be shot down before your party can properly fight him on the ground.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.