Two Steel Spheres YKTTW Discussion
|Two Steel Spheres|
You got brass balls to do that!
- probably quote index if I can find it... Still can't find it
- This Index Has Balls
Final title: Brass Balls
More examples needed.. any quote/pic ideas?
Sometimes a person does something that's very brave or dangerous, this or one of many variants of this statment is said. For example, "Insulting his boss like that... man he got balls of steel!". Once a while said for female characters even with lack of such parts. Not to be confused with attack on those parts... like Balls of Steel or Groin Attack.
- In The Slayers, a bandit says to Lina: "You have some balls, kiddie! Oh wait, you don't, you're a girl".
- In Speed when Jack Traven survives one of the many death defying moments he encounters over the course of the film a passenger cheerfully informs him:
Ortiz: "You're not too bright, man, but you got some big, round, hairy cojones."
- The centerpiece of Alec Baldwin's epic speech in Glengarry Glen Ross is his use of a visual aid to demonstrate what a real estate seller needs.
- There's a great scene in the movie LA Story where Harris (Steve Martin) is walking on the beach with arrogant bastard Roland (Richard E. Grant) and there's this metallic clanging noise. Harris asks what it was and Roland says " It's a nuisance. It's my damn testicles."
- When Wayne kicks Cassandra's father in the nuts in a kung-fu duel, a pair of two Chinese medicine balls (made of metal, of course) fall out.
- Heard in Who Framed Roger Rabbit when Eddie confronts R.K. Maroon.
R.K. Maroon: You got a lot of brass coming in here by yourself.
- Hemingway's 1932 book on bullfighting, Death in the Afternoon.
"It takes more cojones," he wrote, "to be a sportsman where death is a closer party to the game."
- During the WWF Attitude Era Mankind practically made a company-wide Catch Phrase out of "Testicular Fortitude" (a play on "intestinal fortitude" - i.e., guts). Vince McMahon is the one who ran with it the most, such as,
I've got the brass [balls], to fire your ass!
- One common saying (in fanon) about the Imperial Guard (the Redshirt Army) is that on the first day, each recruit is handed a flashlight (a lasgun, one of the weakest possible weapons), and a pair of giant steel balls.
- Brass Balls achievement for BioShock 2.
- Must complete Hard level without dying or using Vita Chambers.
- The Krogan race in the Mass Effect universe have four testicles, so whenever they feel the need to display recognition of a particularly badass individual, they say "he has got a quad". Commander Shepard earns it after you defeat the Thresher Maw on Tuchanka.
- Yes, even if you play as Female!Shepard.