There\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s a war going on but somebody got captured by the enemy. It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s generally a bad place to be.
Works Featuring the POW Camp:
- The Bridge on the River Kwai: Captured British soldiers are forced to build a railroad bridge by a Japanese officer.
- The Great Escape Dramatized account of a major breakout by mostly British prisoners from a German POW Camp.
- In The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Blondie and Tuco end up in a Union POW camp after their scavenging of Confederate uniforms backfires on them. Angel Eyes is running the show. It's nasty.
- Hart's War: Immediately after the start of the Battle Of The Bulge, Lt. Hart is sent to a camp where there is an escape attempt brewing. One prisoner murders another to keep him silent and Hart must conduct the courts marshal.
- Stalag17 After a failed escape attempt, American prisoners suspect a traitor tipped off the Germans.
- Escape to Victory (Victory in North America). Most of the movie takes place in a World War II Nazi POW camp, where a group of Allied prisoners train to play in a soccer game vs. a German team.
- Andersonville is a novel by MacKinlay Kantor concerning the Andersonville prison.
- The beta plot of Tom Clancy's Without Remorse is about a group of American prisoners in a secret POW camp in North Vietnam during The Vietnam War, and an attempt to rescue them. The prisoners are kept in isolation from each other, however they are not tortured, because the GRU (Soviet military intelligence) officer there believes that the best way to get information from them is to get the prisoners to let down their guard by treating the prisoners well and acting friendly.
- Red Cap is a Historical Fiction Children's Literature novel by G. Clifton Wisler. The main character is a drummer boy that ends up in the Andersonville prison cap.
- The 1996 TV Movie Andersonville, directed by John Frankenheimer, tells the story of the notorious Confederate prison camp.
- British series Colditz is about the German PoW camp of the same name. It is partly based on the film The Colditz Story which itself was based on a book by that name.
- Hogan's Heroes Comic misadventures of prisoners trying to disrupt the German war effort from right under their noses.
- The Ripping Yarns episode, "Escape from Stalag Luft 112B" was set in a POW camp.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: In the "Puppet Master" episode, Hama tells the gang how she, and the other water benders from the Southern Water Tribe, were rounded up and taken prisoner by the Fire Nation. There, they were kept in cages, with their hands shackled, so they couldn't bend. The warden even pumped in dry air as an added measure. And while they were given food and water, it only enough to keep them alive, but just barely.
- In Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, one of the missions revolves around storming an enemy POW camp to free your soldiers in the middle of a snowstorm.
- More than one game in the Call of Duty franchise have featured POW camps.
- The final level of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is set in a concentration camp.
- The aptly named cult classic 6th generation game Prisoner Of War was set in a POW camp, and cast the player as an American airman with the objective of escaping.
Works featuring the Concentration / Internment Camp:
- Band of Brothers: Easy Company found and liberated a concentration camp in one episode.
- Empire of the Sun tells the story of Jamie "Jim" Graham, a young boy who goes from living in a wealthy British family in Shanghai, to becoming a prisoner in the Lunghua Civilian Assembly Center, a Japanese run internment camp in occupied China, during World War II.
- Escape from Sobibor is a 1987 prison escape/war/Holocaust movie set in 1943, in the Sobibor extermination camp, where inmates who have been selectively spared for their skills in manufacturing material goods plot their escape from the camp, in part utilizing the skills they possess.
- The end of The Hiding Place was set in a concentration camp.
- Tenko is a BBC TV Series about an internment camp for women in the far east during the second world war.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable