Previously Prideful Beauty
discussion, we thought it might be appropriate to expand and split Big Breasts, Big Deal
into more generalized tropes.
A character who is beautiful, well aware of the effect they have on other people, and is proud of it.
Regardless of the exact nature of a character's attractive appearance, some characters decide that if they've got an advantage, they might as well use it. A character who follows this trope is proud of their physical attractivenesss and view their physical form as a means to get what they want. Such characters are prone to parading their "assets" in the presence of company of appropriate gender and orientation, sometimes with a little extra bounce in their step, and may often brag about their appearance unknowingly in front of less fortunate, usually younger or self-conscious characters. Unlike more prim and proper characters, they will generally enjoy distracted admirers staring at them, as it makes them feel good about themselves.
[[folder:Anime and Manga]]
- In The Familiar of Zero only a few male characters are unaffected by Kirche's good looks. She knows this and loves to flaunt and use her beauty to get what she wants.
- Ranma 1/2: While not as popular as her sister, Akane, Nabiki Tendo is regarded as attractive by her classmates and has her fair share of would-be suitors. She's perfectly aware of this and tends to use her sex appeal to fleece them for all they're worth before dumping them... assuming she doesn't become bored with toying with them first.
- Maaya from Umisho loves bragging about her modeling career and frequently uses her good looks to get boys to do favors for her.
- Averted with Alvida from One Piece who constantly proclaimed herself to be the most beautiful woman on the seas despite being a grotesquely obese woman. People only agreed with her for fear of her hitting them with her giant mace. However, played straight later on when she eats the Slip-Slip Fruit and becomes thin and beautiful. So when she ask who's the most beautiful woman in the seas people say it's her and mean it.
- Jen from Liberty Meadows likes using her good looks to flirt and tease Frank. At one point she decides to make a website, which becomes very popular, where people can watch her work though her web cam.
[[folder: Film -- Animated ]]
- Gaston Beauty and the Beast is handsome, the most desired man in his town, and a narcissist. The only reason he wants to marry the female protagonist, Belle, is because she's considered the most beautiful girl in town and that makes her worthy to be his bride.
- In Jane Austen's Mansfield Park, the Bertram sisters are well aware of their attractiveness. They're beautiful and from and a baronet's family, and plan to marry well because of it.
The Miss Bertrams were now fully established among the belles of the neighborhood; and as they joined to beauty and brilliant acquirements a manner naturally easy, and carefully formed to civility and obligingness, they possessed its favor as well as its admiration. Their vainty was in such good order that they seemed to be quite free from it, and gave themselves no airs.
- Their mother, Lady Bertram, values beauty as well, and thinks every beautiful woman should use it to make an advantageous match.
Narrator: She had been a beauty, and a prosperous beauty all her life; and beauty and wealth, and fame were all that excited her respect.
- Aphrodite in Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus makes no attempt to hide or downplay her beauty, which can get on her daughter Piper's nerves.
[[folder:Live Action TV]]
- Musetta in La Bohème. Her song "Quando m'en vo" is about how people stare at her when she goes out, and how happy this makes her.
- In the theatre production of The Producers, Ulla has a song called "If you've got it, flaunt it", and she does clearly use her looks to her advantage, but not callously enough to make her The Vamp.
- Zhenji from Dynasty Warriors is known for being exceptionally beautiful and loves being complimented on her beauty.
- In the Family Guy episode "He's Too Sexy for His Fat" Peter gets extensive plastic surgery making him very handsome. After being invited to join the the Quahog Beautiful People's Club and learning the perks of being beautiful he becomes narcissistic. At one point pasting a picture of his face over his wife's face in their wedding photo because he thought it would look better that way.