equivalent to Even the Guys Want Him
and Even the Girls Want Her
When a hermaphrodite
(or intersexual) character is so attractive that they inspire worship and desire in both males and females. Even those who are normally 100% turned off by the idea of dating/being in love/having sex with a person who possesses same-sex "plumbing", if not explicitly abhoring hermaphrodites
/ intersexes want them.
There may be some overlap with Even the Guys Want Him
or Even the Girls Want Her
if the appear to be a fe/male with extra bits. Shapeshifters count as Attractive Bent-Gender
instead unless one alternate form is a bona-fide Hermaphrodite
Anime and Manga
- Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa's title character, who looked like a boy as a child, but grew up to become a very gorgeous and buxom "woman". Turns out she's an alien and being intersex is normal for them.
- Parade Parade. Straight women and lesbians alike gang up on Kaori (the very female-looking hermaphrodite).
- Kanomi Nakajima from the hentai manga Hot Tails. Everyone wants her: straight men and women, lesbians, fellow hermaphrodites (especially them).
- Shaalis, the Sacred Androgyne from Michael Manning's comics (The Spider Garden, Hydrophidian, In a Metal Web). Hir body is depicted with two sets of genitals, BTW.
- Desire from Sandman is intersex. Shi just plays whatever role shi wants at the time. All the other endless call Desire "brother/sister" for this reason.
- Earth's Children: Hermaphrodites (not that they're called that) are drawn to being mamuti (medicine people) statistically moreso than average, since they're already marked as "special" by the Great Earth Mother; and they're considered quite attractive by both sexes.
- Bel Thorne from Vorkosigan Saga is a hermaphrodite lusted after in-universe by both men and women.
- Tila Tequila was rumored to be a hermaphrodite for awhile. This actually bolstered her fame as more people wanted to have sex with "her".
- The Ancient Greeks believed in Hermaphroditus; a being with an ideal combination of male and female traits, child of the beautiful gods Hermes and Aphrodite. Yep, everyone wants hir!
Truth in Television
- This is one of the "gifts" that Slaanash can apply to its followers in Warhammer 40K.
- In Dungeons & Dragons, invoked by Malcanthet, queen of Succubi, using a combination of shapeshifting, spells, and phermones. Some people are aware that "she" is a hermaphrodite and seek her ou because of it.
- Hindu have the Hijras, a priest class. Having sex with them is considered normal or even an honor.
- Before them came the priestesses of Ishtar: intersex or transexual individuals who dressed as the goddess. Having sex with this "avatar of Ishtar" was considered the sacred duty of both men and women making this trope Older Than Dirt.
- Truth in Television: There are intersex and hermaphrodite dating sites out there full of real-life hermaphrodites and their many admirers.
- In Furry Fandom, there are many fanservice characters that are hermaphrodites.
- Doug Winger is famous for his "Girls", Pup and Pandora, as well as his Minevera Mink look-alike. He seldom is asked to draw single-sex characters because people like his hermaphrodites so much.