Up for Grabs
/ Needs a Better Title
I'm not sure if this is tropable, but it seems to be omnipresent that most cartoon characters prefer the Pince-Nez
above regular glasses. Especially if the character has a snout or a beak it is more likely that a pince-nez is used instead of spectacles with temple arms.
Examples I can think of:
- Most characters in the Disney Universe (Uncle Scrooge, Flinthart Glomgold, Gyro Gearloose, etc.)
- Once Upon a Forest has Edgar the mole and Cornelius the badger
- The Sword in the Stone: though in his human form Merlin has regular spectacles when he transforms into an animal he uses a pince nez
- The Incredible Mr Limpet: The title character played by Don Knotts wears them in his human form and in his fish form.
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks: The secretary bird uses a Pince-Nez.