Created By: Specialist290 on December 28, 2009
A vehicle which is capable of much more than you would expect from a standard vehicle of that same make and model. May or may not actually be alive to some degree or another (sentient AIs don't count, except when they're not supposed to be sentient in the first place). A Wizard Did It or Clap Your Hands If You Believe is pretty much inherently part of the description as to why it has these abilities; mundane causes like user customization / upgrades don't count. Typically has quite a bit of overlap with Cool Car / Cool Ship, etc. Trope Namer is The Who's song "Magic Bus," although that isn't an example. Up for Grabs. Rolling Updates as best I'm able.
- Herbie, the Volkswagen Beetle from The Love Bug.
- The Bluesmobile in The Blues Brothers.
- The titular car from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- The Magic School Bus, of course.
- Several from Harry Potter:
- First is the Weasley family car, which is an enchanted Ford Anglia which can fly and is sentient.
- The Knight Bus, a heavily enchanted, purple, triple-decker bus that transports witches and wizards.
- The Hogwarts Express is a magical intercity train that carries students between London and Hogsmeade.
- Sirius Black owned a flying motorbike, which he lent to Hagrid the night Harry's parents died.
- In The Mouse And The Motorcycle, the aforementioned mouse is able to ride a toy motorcycle like it's the real thing just by sitting on the seat and making engine noises.
- In My Mother the Car, the main character's mother has somehow reincarnated as a classic car.
- The King of Red Lions from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. He's later revealed to be a human who has magically enchanted himself to take on boat form.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.