"It's amazing how easy it is to tamper with baked goods! (holds up laxative, then starts singing) Fast acting... for strong, reliable relief! Sucker!"
(Up for Grabs
. Please, just take this page. I just want to make a starting point for it. Also, Needs a Better Description
IMO. Also, Rolling Updates
Sometimes people want revenge on someone or to cheat in a contest. One thing they do is just put laxatives in their drink or food. Why laxatives? Because ideally one of two things will happen:
- They will suffer a Potty Emergency and forfeit the contest/run away to use the bathroom.
- They will soil themselves and completely embarrass themselves. Even better if it's in a stadium, especially one with a Jumbotron.
Please note that this is not a good thing to do in real life, and is a criminal offence in most jurisdictions. It can also be dangerous as it can lead to the victim being dangerously dehydrated (In the Scrubs
example we see partial consequences as The Todd is admitted as a patient and hooked up to a drip for precisely this reason). While its a comedy trope in fiction, this is one that most certainly wouldn't and shouldn't be played for laughs in the real world.
- Futaba-kun Change! — In a beauty contest, The Rival puts laxatives in a tea given to calm her. Unfortunately, some contests drink it to annoy her. Hilarity Ensues, and you know what happens after they drink it.
- In Dragon Ball, Bulma does this to Oolong when he refuses to cooperate with her in helping find the Ox-king. She gives him a candy that he thinks is delicious, but really it's a laxative, and every time she whistles, he will have an emergency. Goku tries this on Oolong, too.
- In the Cotton Drifting arc of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Satoko uses this as part of an elaborate prank against some punks who are trying to take advantage of Shmion during the Angel Mort dessert fest.
- In The Iron Giant, Hogarth tricks Kent Mansley into eating a chocolate-flavored laxative-laced sundae.
Hogarth Hughes: First, you take a chocolate bar. Any bar'll do. Do you mind if I...?
Kent Mansley: No, knock yourself out, skipper.
Hogarth Hughes: (crumbles up laxative) You crumble up the chocolate into little pieces. (stirs the ice cream) Then you kind of just stir it into the ice cream. See?
Kent Mansley: Yes, I see. What do you call this again?
[[folder:Film - Live-Action]]
- Done seriously in A Song of Ice and Fire - Tyrion is too busy trying to save the city to struggle with Cersi's schemes so he uses a mild poison to get her out of his hair for one day.
- In The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents, Malicia puts laxative powder in the Rat Catchers' tea, then tells them they've been poisoned and holds the antidote hostage until they do as she says. The "antidote" is laxative powder too.
- In a short story in Playboy. It took place in a college dorm; a scrawny-ish guy challenged a Big Eater football player to an Ex-Lax-Off: they each took one pice every X minutes, and whoever had a Potty Emergency first lost. The Big Eater figured he'd have no problem, but he ended up heaving half his insides out while the little guy didn't have to go. Dunno the name of the story though.
- A Garfield strip had Jon mention this as one of the mean things that Garfield does to Mrs. Feeny.
- In one level of Hitman: Contracts you can poison some soup with laxative to help lure your target to the toilets.
- Coach Random has this, along with some Prozac.
- In the Smosh short Going to the Mountains, Anthony gets tricked into eating broccoli laced with laxatives.
- Total Drama Island:
- Heather does this in the fake finale. She offers Gwen a laxative-spiked cupcake. Unfortunately, Owen eats the cupcake instead...
- In the second season, the pizza they all (well, everyone but Leshawna, because "dairy and [her] do not agree.") eat is laced with itching powder (You read us right. ITCHING POWDER.) and laxatives.
- The Simpsons: Dr. Nick Rivera has an Infomercial about a suntan lotion that's also a laxative.