DAN 004 wuz ere takin over ur druft
Needs a Better Description
It's when a strong male character is paired with an agile Action Girl
as an Action Duo
. Women don't tend to be as physically strong as men, so they tend to make up for that with agility and reflexes. You can expect said women to have lots of Waif-Fu
to Men Are Tough
and Women Are Delicate
. May or may not be part of Battle Couple
Compare Guys Smash, Girls Shoot
for another way the gender roles play in fighting.
Film Live Action
- Marvel Comics' duo Cloak & Dagger are composed of Cloak, a Mighty Glacier type hero paired with Dagger, a Fragile Speedster type with She-Fu. Cloak enfolds villains and mooks in the darkness of his cloak, wherein they come face-to-face with their own wickedness. Baddies emerge quivering, terrified wrecks. Dagger is an angelic young woman who has had ballet and dance lessons, and can fling "light-knives" that can cause villainous BSOD, or "cure" substance addiction.
- DC Comics: The 90's version of the team Hawk and Dove featured a male Hawk whose strategy usually consisted of wading in and punching his opponent as hard as possible, and a female Dove who was weaker but more agile and much more subtle in her strategy.
- In Rise of the Kasai, male playable character Rau uses sheer might in battle while the female playable character Tati uses quick reflexes and flipping around.
- Batman: Arkham City. Batman tends to use heavy punches and kicks while Catwoman flips around and cartwheels.
- Zaalbar (a Mighty Glacier wookie) and Mission (a stealthy rogue girl) in Knights of the Old Republic.
- Any party of a Marauder or a Templar (Strength-based male characters) and a Ranger (pure Dexterity-based female character) in Path of Exile.
- Half-Life 2's Gordon Freeman and Alyx Vance. The audio commentary for the first expansion/episode says that the reason Alyx can jump and climb better than the player is that she's more athletic while Gordon's more heavily built (and wearing Powered Armour, of course).
- Mortal Kombat
- Gender Inverted with Jack Russell and Ridley Silverlake in Radiata Stories.
- In Mass Effect 2, Garrus tells the story of a female colleague, with whom he once resolved his differences in a sparring: the fight went undecided because he "had reach, she had flexibility". Afterwards, they had a "rematch"... in bed, and it must have been good, since he reiterates that "he had reach, she had flexibility".
- In the Tekken series, Kazuya Mishima and his son Jin Kazama are unstoppable Lightning Bruisers who can transform into One Winged Angels, while their respective Love Interests Jun Kazama and Ling Xiaoyu rely on their Waif-Fu to kick ass, especially Xiaoyu.
- In Trine, we have Pontius the Mighty Glacier guy and Zoya the agile, sneaky thief woman.
- Devil May Cry: The second game featured co-protagonists Dante and Lucia. The former's moves are based on strong attacks while the latter was less powerful but made to be more agile and quicker. Trish, by virtue of being based on Dante's move set from the first game, however, is a subversion - by being both strong and female.
- Awesomenauts plays with this: the male characters run the gamut in terms of capabilities, but the four females currently on the roster are all balanced toward speed.
- The People Are Awesome youtube video features lots of clips where men do amazing sports activities or potentially dangerous stunts, while the few clips with women all focus on their flexibility.