Big Guy Plays Bass YKTTW Discussion
|Big Guy Plays Bass|
In a musical group, the largest member will play bass guitarDescription Needs Help
Is This Tropable?? Is this even a thing? Take your average Five-Man Band, there will be a Big Guy. If the Five Man Band turns into an actual band, the big guy will play the bass guitar. Commpare Nobody Loves the Bassist and Dumb and Drummer.
- K-On hands the role of the bass to Mio, who's by far the tallest member of the group. However, she's chronically shy.
- In the Music Video for The B-52s cover of "The Flintsones Theme" for The Flintstones John Goodman as Fred plays bass.
- Hulk Hogan plays bass guitar in various WWF Music Videos when he was active in The '80s.
- According to this cartoon Chewbacca would be the bass player in a Star Wars band.
- In Homestar Runner Strong Mad is occasionally seen playing bass for the band Cool Tapes. He's also the largest main character.
- Gene Simmons of KISS
- Unextraordinary Gentlemen's bass player, Professor Mangrove, towers over the other members of the band at seven feet tall (and that's before his stovepipe hat!).
- Stefan Ofsdal of Placebo is 6 foot 4.
- In real life, in Mariachi bands the guy playing the Guitarron mexicano (big acoustical bass) tends to be on the large side, reflecting the largeness of the instrument; although more often than not he's shorter than other players.
- Purposely averted by The Beatles, first with Stu Sutcliff and then Paul McCartney: "In our minds, it was the fat guy in the group who nearly always played the bass and he stood at the back. None of us wanted that."