Is This Tropable?? Is this even a thing? Take your average Five Man Band, there will be a Big Guy. If the Five Man Band turns into an actual band, the big guy will play the bass guitar. Commpare Nobody Loves the Bassist and Dumb and Drummer.
- K-On hands the role of the bass to Mio, who's by far the tallest member of the group. However, she's chronically shy.
- In the Music Video for The B-52s cover of "The Flintsones Theme" for The Flintstones John Goodman as Fred plays bass.
- Hulk Hogan plays bass guitar in various WWF Music Videos when he was active in The '80s.
- According to this cartoon Chewbacca would be the bass player in a Star Wars band.
- In Homestar Runner Strong Mad is occasionally seen playing bass for the band Cool Tapes. He's also the largest main character.
- Gene Simmons of KISS
- Unextraordinary Gentlemen's bass player, Professor Mangrove, towers over the other members of the band at seven feet tall (and that's before his stovepipe hat!).
- Stefan Ofsdal of Placebo is 6 foot 4.
- In real life, in Mariachi bands the guy playing the Guitarron mexicano (big acoustical bass) tends to be on the large side, reflecting the largeness of the instrument; although more often than not he's shorter than other players.
- Purposely averted by The Beatles, first with Stu Sutcliff and then Paul McCartney: "In our minds, it was the fat guy in the group who nearly always played the bass and he stood at the back. None of us wanted that."
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.