Those Two Animals
Shows with a pairing of Funny Animal characters, often of differing species
Simple explanation: a pair of animal characters that is often seen together. Most examples tend to be two different species, perhaps for visual variety. If the rest of the cast is also animals, then they are the two that stand out most; if not, then they are usually the only animals in the cast. May overlap with Those Two Guys or Odd Couple. Related to Female Feline, Male Mutt.
- Mordecai and Rigby on Regular Show. The former is more mature and responsible than his Adult Childish counterpart, but Mordecai is Not So Above It All.
- Ren and Stimpy of The Ren & Stimpy Show
- Ferret And Parrot of their eponymous short
- Rita and Runt on Animaniacs
- Schnookums and Meat on their eponymous show
- Dudley and Kitty on Tuff Puppy
- Cow and Chicken, who are adopted siblings with human parents. From the same show, I Am Weasel and I. R. Baboon.
- Secret Squirrel. Secret Squirrel is a secret agent who carries an astounding variety of guns hidden under his trenchcoat. Morocco Mole is his almost-blind Bumbling Sidekick.
- Pumbaa and Timon from The Lion King.
- 2 Stupid Dogs one tiny, one huge.
- Chance "T-Bone" Furlong is the Boisterous Bruiser while Jake "Razor" Clawson is the Badass Bookworm of the SWAT Kats.
- Oscar the pretentious fish and Lenny the Carnivore Confusion shark from Shark Tale.
- Ratty and Mole from Mr. Bogus also combine this trope with Those Two Bad Guys.
- The two title characters of Tom and Jerry, Tom the Cat and Jerry the Mouse. Depending on the Writer, they're either Arch Enemies or Vitriolic Best Buds.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.