ClearBlue Easy is the most advanced piece of technology you'll ever pee on
A character takes a pregnancy test, and waits -- eagerly or anxiously -- for the results. Usually something turning blue. The test itself looks for hCG, a hormone present in the urine of pregnant people.
- Phoebe in Charmed got a false positive.
- A Coors ad celebrates the test and the beer turning blue, respectively indicating the wife was to have a baby and the husband a cold beer.
- In the 1995 Godzilla, the characters use one on the monster.
- Questionable Content is the Trope Namer. Hannelore's test comes up negative but she spends the day "drinking water and striving for statistical rigor."
- The opening scene of Juno.