Post Final Boss YKTTW Discussion
|Post Final Boss|
Your confrontation with the Sealed Evil in a Can that represents all evil has been foreshadowed throughout the whole game. Finally, you get to its magic castle, defeat The Dragon in a suitibly dramatic confrontation, and then... that was easy. Surprise! The Dragon was the real Final Boss of that game, and what you just fought was really the Post Final Boss. In clearer terms, the Post Final Boss is an easy to effortless boss you fight to clean up the plot after you fight the real Final Boss. They're more common in RP Gs than other types of games mainly because RP Gs pay more attention to the plot than other types of games, but they can also be found in nearly any game that has a plot. As this is an Ending Trope, there will be Spoilers. You have been warned. (Rolling Updates)
- After you fight BFA in Final Fantasy X, Yu Yevon comes out as one of these.
- The two or three move fight against Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII is also one of these.
- Shadow of the Colossus: The Hopeless Boss Fight against the three knights after you've beaten the final Colossus.
- Geldoblame in Baten Kaitos.
- Nyx in Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3.