Score Multiplier YKTTW Discussion
Do We Have This One?? Ways of getting more points in Video Games. Ways of obtaining them may include:
- Collecting special items
- Initiate an event
- Kill Streak
- The double/triple letter/word squares in Scrabble.
- In most Super Mario Bros.. games, your score is multiplied by a Kill Streak. You eventually get 1-Ups instead when the streak is high enough.
- In Wet, the score multiplier is automatically ramped up by killing enemies really fast. However, in boss battles, there are also one-time-only score multipliers that can be picked up (usually through acrobatic jumps) and stack with the regular multipliers.
- Nearly all Falling Blocks puzzle games have the multipliers. They're all based around doing a rapid succession of matches or making a match that causes other matches to appear. Panel de Pon is the one most reliant on this, as the game moves at a relentless pace and requires such chains both to keep up and to keep the opponent at bay.
- Bejeweled Blitz includes multipliers that you can score.
- The Ratchet & Clank games have done this since the second game. The New Game+ mode gives a bolt multiplier that lasts until Ratchet takes damage.
- Lego Crossover Games with their stud multipliers.
- Crystal Caves
- Guitar Hero
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Tony Hawk's Underground and GUN all use some variant upon this (all were designed by Neversoft).
- The different kinds of execution in Manhunt arguably qualify.
- Grand Theft Auto II: you often receive a fixed amount of points (which equal money), but it is then multiplied by a number you can increase by completing missions, and picking up some power-ups.
- Boxhead: The Zombie Wars: the more zombies you kill in a given length of time, the higher your point multiplier becomes.
- Some Lotto and Powerball games have "multipliers." If you pay an extra $1 your hypothetical winnings are increased by a multiple of 2, 3, etc. if that's what they pick for that night.