One-Handed Shotgun Pump
Badass characters chamber a round in their pump-action shotgun by holding by one hand by the pump and letting the shotgun's weight do the pumping.
- Soldiers equipped with a shotgun in X-COM Enemy Unknown 2012 do this after each shot. They'll even do it with a scatter laser or an Alloy gun (A rail gun that fires a bunch of metal slivers).
- The Movies gives this as an option in a shotgun firing scene.
- The Real Trailer Fake Movie for Hobo With A Shotgun ends with a bloody, naked hobo pumping his shotgun this way.
- Cheech Marin's priest character in Machete does this with two shotguns simultaneously.
- The Engineer from Team Fortress 2 does this with 2 shotguns in the "Mann vs Machine" Trailer.
- The Hong Kong film Tiger on the Beat features an... elaborate version of this, a character attaches a string to his shotgun's pump handle and trigger, so he can fire it from cover, in what can best be described as a shotgun yo-yo.
- Terminator 2
- While the T-800 is riding his motorcycle and chasing John and the T-1000, he spins his weapon (lever-action) to reload it.
- Sarah Connor does it at the end when shooting the T-1000 in the foundry, justified in that she's wounded in the other shoulder
- North does this, then throws the gun to South, who shoots in season 9 of Red Vs Blue.
- Fiona does this in the season 2 finale of Burn Notice.
- Rick O'Connel does this in The Mummy. It's not even during a battle, he's just getting the gun ready stating, "I believe in being prepared."
- The giant hand at the end of episode 5 of FLCL reloaded its giant shotgun one-handed.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable