AnimalFacialHair Animal Facial Hair YKTTW Discussion
|Animal Facial Hair|
Description Needs Help Needs Examples Better Name
This is when an animal, often an anthropomorphic animal, has facial hair, whether in the form of a mustache or beard. Sometimes, the facial hair is in the form of whiskers slicked into a moustache. Fictional examples can apply to pretty much any animal as long as it's not a natural feature of their species or in the case of dogs a default characteristic of the breed. Compare Furry Baldness, Furry Female Mane, and Nonmammalian Hair.
- The Funny Animal duck Flintheart Glomgold, a major antagonist to Scrooge Mc Duck, has a big beard.
- Dogmatix in Astérix has a mustache, like all the Gaulish men.
- Rufus the cat from The Rescuers has a mustache, as do some of the mice in the Rescue Aid Society.
- Dr. Dawson and Hiram Flaversham from The Great Mouse Detective both have mustaches.
- Harold from Shrek 2 keeps his goatee even when he turns into a frog.
- Also, Puss in Boots and Donkey have goatees, and Puss has his whiskers slicked into a moustache.
- Ratty from The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad has a mustache and Angus MacBadger has a white beard.
- In An American Tail Papa Mousekewitz has a beard, and several background characters have beards or mustaches.
- Several characters in The Secret Of NIMH: Mr. Ages has both eyebrows and a mustache, while Nicodemus and the Great Owl have especially long ones. Jenner has Big Ol' Eyebrows and an evil goatee.
- In Gay Purr-ee, Big Bad Meowrice has his whiskers slicked into a mustache.
- Master Shifu (a red panda) from Kung Fu Panda has a bushy white mustache.
- Played with in The Muppets films:
- Older mice in the animated adaptations of Redwall would have beards made of whiskers. Younger mice would look more "clean-shaven", and a few officer hares had mustaches.
- In the Chanur Novels Hani have beards and moustaches, along with manes. Both genders.
- Wicked has Professor Dillamond, a goat-man professor with a goatee.
- The dragon Ramses in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure has a white beard and bushy eyebrows because he is very old.
- In World of Warcraft the little boy Pandaren will sometimes say when clicked on that he's growing a beard. Pandaren are, of course, anthropomorphic pandas and some do indeed have beards, putting them into this trope.
- Star Fox: Peppy starts sporting a mustache in later games.
- One of the bad green pigs in the Angry Birds franchise has an orange moustache.
- Many of the male characters in Lackadaisy Cats have patterns in their fur that look like facial hair (Victor's snout/face is brighter and looks like a goatee + mustache, for instance.)
- Monterey Jack from Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers had a very thick moustache as well as whiskers. It would twirl itself when he smells cheese.
- Uncle Chuck from Sonic Sat AM sports a large, bushy mustache.
- In "The Old Gray Hare" after a Flash Forward to the year 2000 a 70-or-so-year-old Bugs Bunny is shown with white chin whiskers.
- In My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, beards and mustaches are relatively common on the characters.
- In Dog City, Mayor Kickbark and Rusty MacCracken in the animated sections have moustaches, as does McCracken's puppet inspiration Mr MacTaggart.
- In MAD, there is a skit that parodies Duck Dynasty called "McDuck Dynasty", featuring Scrooge, Donald, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Donald and Scrooge have beards made of feathers.
- The bearded vulture or lammergeier has facial feathers that look like a beard.
- The mustache of the walrus makes it quite easy to anthropomorphize this animal.
- Goats are so well-known for their beards they even named a kind of beard after them.
- The schnauzer (a breed of terrier) is named after a German term for mustache, because it looks like it's wearing one. For that matter, many other terrier breeds have a similar appearance.