They Molested Me YKTTW Discussion
|They Molested Me|
Kids try to get their way by claiming child abuseBetter Name Tropeworthy? Motion To Discard
If a kid is a particularly Spoiled Brat, he or she will sometimes try to avoid punishment or get their way by accusing their parents of abuse, physical or sexual. —-
- Stand-up comedian Russell Peters is famous for his material involving corporal punishment. As a kid, his dad would beat him and preclude each beating with "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad". One time, he threatened to call child services on his dad, which backfired when his dad called his bluff.
- In Seekers of the Sky, Marcus attempts to scare off Ilmar while they are on a prison ship by threatening to accuse him of molestation in front of other convicts (which never goes well for the molester). However, Ilmar quickly convinces him that they are better off working together to escape.
- Played very dramatically in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Tatarigoroshi. Satoko once did this to her second step-father when she was little because she couldn't accept him. After his death however, she starts to suffer very real psychological abuse from her aunt, and her attempt to call child services backfires horribly. Then it is inverted: when she is abused physically by her uncle and her friends call the services, she dismisses the social workers, saying there is nothing wrong.
- South Park is the Trope Namer, as this happens quite often in the show. In "The Wacky Molestation Adventure, the kids get rid of their parents by accusing them of "molestering" them, leading to a Lord of the Flies situation.
- In "The Human Centipad", Cartman loudly accuses his mom of "fucking" him when she refuses to buy him an iPad.