Often, especially in anime, the main character of a work is a light-skinned male with short, black hair, sometimes to the point where they are cardboard cut-outs with different art styles or small distinguishing features.
Anime & Manga
- Luffy from One Piece is an example of this. His scar is his only distinguishing facial feature.
- Sho Kazamatsuri from Whistle! has dark brown hair that looks almost black. The manga, being black-and-white, makes it look black.
- Amano Yukiteru from Future Diary has slightly longer, but still short, black hair.
- Kiyo Takamine from Zatch Bell! is another example.
- Depending on the definition of "short", Gon Freecs from Hunter X Hunter could be considered an example.
- Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist is a very good example in that, drawn differently, he could be drawn as Kiyo, Luffy, and many others.
- Yusuke Urameshi from Yuyu Hakusho, although with a more unique hairstyle.
- Ryoma Echizen from The Prince Of Tennis is yet another example.
- Although his hair is too long for most of the series, Kenzo Tenma from Monster is an example at the beginning.
- Beet from Beet the Vandel Buster is an example with a different hairstyle.
- Superman, obviously.
- Bruce Wayne is another example.
- Bruce Banner
- Tony Stark
- Harry Potter, but his glasses and scar are good at covering it up.