Do We Have This One? Needs More Examples Up for Grabs
The use of beards and facial hair, especially if big or unusual, for gags. This commonly involves said overly long beard getting stuck to something, grabbed by someone or being stepped on.
[[folder:Anime and Manga]]
- In One Piece's SBS page some fan jokes about Whitebeard's iconic moustache, speculating about it being either a frisbee or a banana container.
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, Gimli is grabbed by the beard by Boromir to while in Moria to stop him from going over a cliff.
- Father Andrei from Love And Death. His beard is so long that it lies on the floor like a carpet, and Sonja accidentally steps on it.
- The Simpsons: During a Teachers Strike Jasper (an old man with a big beard) substitute-teaches a class and gets his beard stuck in the pencil sharpener.
- Family Guy: Peter decides to grow a beard like Grizzly Adams and a bird builds a nest in it.
- In one Astérix movie, the Romans drink a fake magic potion and their beards and hair grow to ludicrous lengths. Humorous examples include a dog taking a sip and turning into a literal fur ball and when Asterix actually pull the villain's beard repeatedly.
- Merlin in The Sword in the Stone. His beard is the focus of a Running Gag involving it getting stuck in various objects (doors, a model airplane propeller, etc.).