Strategies Galore YKTTW Discussion
A series that emphasises strategy in overcoming obstaclesDescription Needs Help Needs Examples
Tried something like this long ago but didn't go very far. Can't come up with a very good description at the moment though but it's basically what the laconic says. Also, I only added the examples I feel like for now. I might add more to this later but see how you guys handle it for now.
Manga and Anime
Manga and Anime
- Liar Game has an organization that pits people in psychological gambling games. The strategies Shinichi Akiyama comes up in them are pretty remarkable.
- YuYu Hakusho does this with fights, much like many other shounen manga. Many fights are won with a trick where they present a summation of how they done so afterward.
- Naruto began the series with actually very creative fights for a standard shonen series. During the Tournament Arc especially, fights were determined largely through deception and strategy rather than simply brute force. However, as the series went on and power levels went through the roof, strategy became less significant.
- The series Burn Notice, being about a spy who was "burned" by the CIA (and is seeking to find out who was responsible), who takes on jobs helping civilians who are being conned or threatened by criminals, has spy Michael Westen and his friends implementing cunning plans to help their clients, or (in the Myth Arc) uncover the conspirators who burned him. Westen as narrator often gives strategy or tactical tips for dealing with the kinds of situations they encounter.
- Mission: Impossible. Every single episode involved the Impossible Mission team carrying out an extremely complex plan to trick the opposition into defeat.
- NUMB3RS has a mathematician helping his FBI brother and use mathematical concepts as crime solving techniques. Often to predict the criminal's moves or even draw them out.