OR Suffers Fools Poorly.
Needs More Examples
. Rolling Updates
.(Needs a Better Description
"Some people took her for cold, thought she was aloof. Not a bit of it. She just despised idiots, no time for fools. Shame really, otherwise we'd have gotten on famously.
Have you ever head a remark so spectacularly dumb
that it just made you angry? Do you have a low tolerance for Cloud Cuckoolanders
While some might respond with sarcasm, pity, or even despair these characters just can't handle the dumbness around them. They seethe, they rant, they curse or even resort to violence.
When this trait kicks in it can be the last straw for a normally reasonable person or an intense enough irritation to be their Berserk Button
- especially for the Only Sane Man
or those Surrounded by Idiots
. Of course, this reaction is sometimes totally justified when the act of foolishness is or has put people in danger.
The results of becoming Enraged By Idiocy
can vary from a Dope Slap
to a Cluster F-Bomb
to acts of violence. As with any loss of temper, this usually becomes a weak point or dangerous distraction for the angry party - making it a handy tactic for anyone merely playing dumb
Obviously a Sub-Trope
of Berserk Button
. Mostly characters who are the Only Sane Man
or Surrounded by Idiots
tend to have this.
- Deadpool- consciously or not- uses this to great effect on his opponents, distracting them with babble until they loose focus.
Live Action TV
- In the Pink Panther film series, Clouseau's constant bungling actually drives his superior, Chief Inspector Dreyfus, to try and outright murder him.
- Lewis Black seems to constantly suffer from this trope.
- Wess from MOTHER 3. When his son Duster brought back the wrong artifact from Osohe Castle, Wess FLIPS OUT AND SMASHES IT ON THE GROUND, then comes with Duster to Osohe Castle to guide him so he gets the correct artifact this time. For the rest of the game, he refers to Duster as "Moron."
- Vegeta, Piccolo and Freeza of Dragonball Abridged, usually thanks to Goku or Nappa.
Vegeta: Oh, nothing. Just an aneurysm out of sheer stupidity.
Nappa: Wow. Didn't realise you were that stupid, Vegeta.
- Common among That Guy with the Glasses reviewers, especially The Critic and Spoony