Lighthearted Sexual Harassment
EDITED IN: Ignore for now, haven\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t decided how broad or narrow trope is.
Pucca... loves Garu... he's a pretty boy! Not as extreme since Pucca is 11 years old and Garu is 12 and the series is for kids, meaning she's limited to chasing him around and kissing him against his wishes, but the Double Standard is still obvious.Doing something like forcing a kiss on your crush or even following them around often enough can get you in a fair bit of trouble in real life. In the world of many childrens' cartoons, however, it's no big deal... or at least, how big a deal this is depends on who's doing this, and toward whom. And as you might expect from something related to romance, the genders of those involved are a major factor in that. It's usually the least prone to being considered a big deal when from a girl toward a guy, then more prone when it's from a guy toward a girl, and when it's toward the same sex... well, that's rare in a kids' cartoon in the first place, but seems to be considered the darkest whenever seen. So on one level, this trope is a form of Getting Crap Past the Radar, since even kids who have some familiarity with what romance is will not know all of what it's connected to. It also serves as a more family-friendly counterpart to Rape Is Okay When It Is Female On Male, though understandably so, as kissing is more innocent than sex, but it might be worth noting that the stereotypes of young boys and girls with regards to attitudes to kissing are very different from the stereotypes of older men and women with regards to attitudes to sex. EDITED IN: See laconic.
- Pucca, of course. She's a Stalker with a Crush who forces kisses on Garu often.
- Similarly, the Sonic the Hedgehog series has Stalker with a Crush Amy Rose chasing Sonic around demanding he be hers.
- The Billy the Cat series has a human girl who knows that Billy used to be human, and on at least one occasion, grabbed his face and forcefully kissed him, noticeably grossing him out.
- Pepe Le Pew from Looney Tunes.
- It's less "friendly" in Ranma 1/2 because the main cast are teens (and theres quite a bit of violence, even though it never leads to permanent injury) but just about every romantic rival in the Love Dodecahedron acts this way to Ranma or Akane.
- Classic Looney Tunes would have loads of this, even male charactrs planting a big wet one on each other just to bug each other.
- Gender inverted in Powerpuff Girls, when a guy tries to give girls unwanted affection, and though this isn't treated as trivial, the fright the girls feel towards it is portrayed as unreasoned, giving this a hint of Unfortunate Implications similar to those of its gender inverse. (Of course, this is the same episode where Prison Rape is alluded to, but it's done much more subtly.)
- Halpxier of Macademi Wasshoi doesn't really do anything asides from forcibly french kiss the students and faculty. That said, the characters still treat his successful advances as reason to consider jumping off the Despair Event Horizon.
- Kidflash in Young Justice does this to M'gann by way of telling her that she's "hot", "sweet", and calling her "sugar."
- The Legend of Zelda has, in both the cartoon series and the Cdi games alike, Link frequently bugging Zelda for a kiss even though she is typically never interested, though it doesn't go to the extreme of him forcing it on her.
- This rhyme:
Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie, kissed the girls and made them cry...
- Prince Diamond to Usagi in Sailor Moon. In the anime he tries to force two kisses on her and in the manga he gets away with it. He also stalks her.
- The Kanker Sisters to the Eds of Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy.
- In the episode "A Twist Of Ed" the Eds try to pursue the Kankers to get them off their backs. It works until the end of the episode when the Kankers go back to pursuing the Eds.
- In Full Metal Panic! we have Leonardo to Kaname. He once plants a Forceful Kiss on her.
- In Hey Arnold! we have Helga, a Tsundere who mostly just stalks and fawns over Arnold in secret while verbally harassing him in public, and Curly to Rhonda.
- Girls Bravo. Yukinari, Kirie, and Koyomi are constantly hit on in this manner by the perverted Lisa, Kosame, and Fukuyama. Though Lisa, Kosame, and Fukuyama sometimes try to take it further.
- Touga's interactions with Revolutionary Girl Utena. He likes to caress her hair, attempt to kiss her, and touch her a lot.
- The "Huge Crew" and Missy all vie for Ned's affections in this manner in Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.