Certain items of clothing, in the real world, look ridiculous. Bow-Ties look fussy, old fashioned and slightly dorky, but not when worn by these guys. With these guys Bow-ties are awesome, Bowties Are Cool. They may also run a high chance of being Adorkable. See also Real Men Wear Pink.
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- Ranma from Ranma 1/2 would occasionally wear a rather nice pastel orange shirt combined with a little red bow-tie
- Hercule Poirot.
- The Eleventh Doctor from Doctor Who: The Trope Namer!
- Ducky from NCIS
- A disturbing number of TV weathermen.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy.
- Dr Bashir and Garak in the Deep Space Nine Bond spoof episode Our Man Bashir
- Brother Mouzone from The Wire.
- Abraham Lincoln.
- Chippendales. It's all they wear.
- Howard Phillips was famous for his bowtie during his tenure as president of the Nintendo Fun Club. It even figured into some of the Howard & Nester comics in Nintendo Power.
- Winston Churchill
- Pascal Ory, a French political scholar, frequently appears in public wearing a bow tie made of transparent plastic.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.