Do We Have This One?? Needs a Better Description Sometimes you don't have the necessary materials on hand to make yourself clothes, so you have to use other things ... Supertrope to Hand-or-Object Underwear, Bankruptcy Barrel, and Curtain Clothing. Compare Rummage Sale Reject.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- In an early episode of Revolutionary Girl Utena, Anthy's dress is literally destroyed by The Libby in the middle of a shool ball. Utena then improvises an improbably sexy dress out of a tablecloth for her and invites her to a dance.
- At one point in the The Avengers, Janet "the Wasp" Pym is caught without a costume, and wearing a non-shrinking dress, so takes a moment to fashion a restaurant napkin into a dress.
- The Jerk runs outside straight from the shower, he shields his unmentionables with two small dogs.
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's first dress is an old sail strategically tied up with rope.
- The Simpsons:
Belle: Your son was trespassing on my property and destroyed a very valuable stone gargoyle and... are you wearing a grocery bag?Homer: I have misplaced my pants.
- In an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, Mr.Krabs admits that when he was younger his mother fashioned his clothes out of paper bags.
- Chicken Little makes pants out of his homework.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.