Do We Have This One?? Needs a Better Description Sometimes you don't have the necessary materials on hand to make yourself clothes, so you have to use other things ... Supertrope to Hand or Object Underwear, Bankruptcy Barrel, and Curtain Clothing. Compare Rummage Sale Reject.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- In an early episode of Revolutionary Girl Utena, Anthy's dress is literally destroyed by The Libby in the middle of a shool ball. Utena then improvises an improbably sexy dress out of a tablecloth for her and invites her to a dance.
- At one point in the The Avengers, Janet "the Wasp" Pym is caught without a costume, and wearing a non-shrinking dress, so takes a moment to fashion a restaurant napkin into a dress.
- The Jerk runs outside straight from the shower, he shields his unmentionables with two small dogs.
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's first dress is an old sail strategically tied up with rope.
- The Simpsons:
Belle: Your son was trespassing on my property and destroyed a very valuable stone gargoyle and... are you wearing a grocery bag?Homer: I have misplaced my pants.
- In an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, Mr.Krabs admits that when he was younger his mother fashioned his clothes out of paper bags.
- Chicken Little makes pants out of his homework.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.