HeavenlyBlue Heavenly Blue YKTTW Discussion
Blue as a mark of divine.
The heavens are blue. Therefore, heavenly beings, whether gods or angels or saints, use blue -- usually sky blue -- to show their relationship, as do beings associated with them. Much more likely to be Good than Evil. May be used only as accent in Gold and White Are Divine. Often a major color in Fluffy Cloud Heaven. Compare Purple Is Powerful.
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- In Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, the prophesied Messiah-figure is said to be dressed in blue.
- Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess wears blue with white and gold accents
- The order in Chrono Crusade has blue nun habits.
- Anything associated with the side of good in the Belgariad, including the god Aldur, his various disciples, and the all-powerfull Orb. They prefer blue in their clothing, tend to have blue eyes, and occasionally glow in that color as well.
- In Lisa Shearin's All Spell Breaks Out, The Paladin Mychael uses attacks that have blue side-effects.
- In Charmed, Whitelighters (the guardian angels of good witches) and Elders (the Whitelighters bosses) have a teleporting ability called orbing. This is usually accomapanied by them disappearing and reappearing in a burst of blue and white light.
- The Blessed Virgin Mary is generally depicted, iconographically, in blue, which may be the source of True Blue Femininity.
- Dungeons & Dragons module T1-4 The Temple of Elemental Evil. When the PCs encounter the Lens of Transformation, it shows them two angelic beings amid golden clouds and with a pale blue sky behind them.
- Most of the priests and nuns in the Dragon Quest games wear blue.
- Flonne in Disgaea wears white and blue, as she's an angel. When she's reincarnated as a demon, she wears white and red instead.
- In Order Of The Stick, Durkon's Holy Word is blue, when normally his speech is black on white, as is normal in the strip.
- In Rusty and Co., Madeline's Smite and the fire on her weapon.