A type of walk where the character swings their arms back and forth while skipping. This is a visual clue of that the character is young or immature. Characters that walk like this are most likely a Cheerful Child or a Genki Girl. If it is not the character’s default walk it is sign of joyousness. Almost always done exclusively by females. Bonus points for whistling while doing this. Related to Girly Run.
- Twyla does this in Hogfather. Susan considers this to be part of her "ingratiatingly cute" persona, claiming "real children don't go hoppity-skippity unless they're on drugs".
- In the film Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5) Luna skips. This is never mentioned in the Books, but it fits her character perfectly.
- The little girl in Remembrance of the Daleks skips around town when she's not plugged into the Dalek battle computer. She's not exactly "innocent", though.
- Princess Kururu from the Marl Kingdom series does this when she about to sing a song with her best friend.
- Cream the Rabbit walks like this in Sonic Battle.
- Roll does this in Mega Man Powered Up! after saving the day.
- In Lightning Legend: Daigo no Daibouken, Yuki Shirogane, the Cheerful Child of this Fighting Game, walks this way during the storyline sequences.
- Laura from Silent Hill 2.
- Gwen in presearing of Guild Wars
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable