A type of walk where the character swings their arms back and forth while skipping. This is a visual clue of that the character is young or immature. Characters that walk like this are most likely a Cheerful Child
or a Genki Girl
. If it is not the character’s default walk it is sign of joyousness. Almost always done exclusively by females
. Bonus points for whistling
while doing this.
Related to Girly Run
- Twyla does this in Hogfather. Susan considers this to be part of her "ingratiatingly cute" persona, claiming "real children don't go hoppity-skippity unless they're on drugs".
- In the film Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5) Luna skips. This is never mentioned in the Books, but it fits her character perfectly.
- The little girl in Remembrance of the Daleks skips around town when she's not plugged into the Dalek battle computer. She's not exactly "innocent", though.
- Pinkie Pie skips more often than she walks.
- The Smurfette often does this when she joyfully has a walk in the forest, in various albums of the series.