Usually done between family members to show how close and strong a bond they have. If the two people involved are not blood or adopted relatives, then this either signifies an honorary family bond
between them or else is there to show how puerile and silly the kisser is. Compare Affectionate Gesture to the Head
Subtrope of Friendly Tickle Torture
Needs a Better Description
, Needs More Examples
Live Action TV
- Scrooged: When the Ghost of Christmas Present is showing Frank Cross what his employee Grace Cooley's family life is like, Grace Cooley pulls up the shirt of one of her children and gives him one of these on his belly. The Ghost of Christmas Present then does this herself to Frank Cross, who is initially resistant, but is eventually laughing and saying, "More, more, more." Frank Cross later pulls up Eliot Loudermilk's shirt and does this himself.
- The Simpsons Movie: Homer does this to Spider-Pig/Harry Plopper's stomach.
- In Treasure Planet, a younger Jim Hawkins gets one from his mother in the prologue.
- Commonly seen in the genre of "cute little kid" videos. This usually involves the child in question getting zrbtted.
- Family Guy: Lois does this to Stewie. At first. Then she throws up all over him.
- Francine does this to Stan in an episode of American Dad!.