Raspberry Kiss YKTTW Discussion
Someone puts their mouth on a soft part of someone else's body and blows a raspberry on itBetter Name Already have?
Usually done between family members to show how close and strong a bond they have. If the two people involved are not blood or adopted relatives, then this either signifies an honorary family bond between them or else is there to show how puerile and silly the kisser is. Compare Affectionate Gesture to the Head. Subtrope of Friendly Tickle Torture. Needs a Better Description, Needs More Examples
- Calvin and Hobbes: Calvin does this once to Hobbes's tummy while he was sleeping. Hobbes wakes up and mauls him.
- Bambi II features a quick father and son bonding moment between Bambi and his dad, The Great Prince, when the latter blows a raspberry on Bambi's belly while they are rough-housing.
- Scrooged: When the Ghost of Christmas Present is showing Frank Cross what his employee Grace Cooley's family life is like, Grace Cooley pulls up the shirt of one of her children and gives him one of these on his belly. The Ghost of Christmas Present then does this herself to Frank Cross, who is initially resistant, but is eventually laughing and saying, "More, more, more." Frank Cross later pulls up Eliot Loudermilk's shirt and does this himself.
- The Simpsons Movie: Homer does this to Spider-Pig/Harry Plopper's stomach.
- In Treasure Planet, a younger Jim Hawkins gets one from his mother in the prologue.
- Commonly seen in the genre of "cute little kid" videos. This usually involves the child in question getting zrbtted.
- Francine does this to Stan in an episode of American Dad!.
- In Drawn Together Spanky blows a raspberry on Foxxy while trying to explain to her why she couldn't get in a Talent Show. It has some success.
- Family Guy:
- Lois does this TWICE to Stewie. At first after Stewie returns from being shrunk down from entering Peter's body. Second when she was drunk and partying with the gang's other wives, then she throws up all over him.
- Happens once to Peter when the mother of another family that moves in after the bank tries to repossess his family's house. She gets him later again at the end of the episode.
- In an episode of The Simpsons Marge does this to Maggie while playing Peek-a-boo with her.