Four Leaf Clover = Good luck charm.
Four leaf clovers tend to have special significance when they appear in media.
Just need some examples. (Rolling Updates
- Negima!?! Yue gives one to Nodoka to give to Negi as support for her Crush on him. (Even though its a Love Triangle between the 3.)
- The Cook Satsuki Yotsuba is named after this.
- In the first anime series 100 of these are needed for a love potion spent all night looking for them. (This is different in the manga when Negi had 7 magic pills That were placed in his bag by his cousin, that could help craft the thing.)
- Yotsuba&! her hair is even shaped like one.
- She gives one to Asagi as a souvenir, reminding Asagi's mother of when Asagi gave one to her... and she tasked her with finding a five-leaf clover.
- Kingdom of Loathing has a Ten-Leafed Clover as an item, and it triggers certain "lucky" special events to happen if you have one in your inventory.
- In the Futurama episode "The Luck of the Fryrish", we see via flashback that young Fry had a seven-leaf clover that gave him the necessary luck to win basketball games or pull off crazy breakdancing moves.
- In Mostly Harmless, there's an alternate-universe Earth where--due a stray bit of radiation affecting the genome of the first clover plant--four-leaf clovers are the norm and three-leaf clovers are the exception. This particular Earth also didn't get destroyed by the Vogons to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Coincidence? It gets destroyed in the end by the updated Guide, anyway.
- Cross Game uses a four leaf clover motif. With each sister representing a leaf.
- One of the marshmallows in Lucky Charms breakfast cereals.
- The killer leprechaun's weakness in Leprechaun.
- Four-leaf clovers are lucky in Animal Crossing.
- Clover uses clovers as a motif for the psychics with the most powerful being a four-leaf.
- The Patchwork Girl of Oz. A six leaf clover that can only be found near the Emerald City is an ingredient in a magical compound.
- Kaitou Kid of Magic Kaito and Detective Conan not only uses has a stylized four-leaved clover on his monocle, his real name, Kaito Kuroba, has the word "clover" (romaji kurobaa) in it.
- Honey and Clover has a brief mention or two of four leaf clovers. And honey.